WhatsApp Pay- Threat or Drive for Nigerian Digital Payment Firms?
Social Media giant, Facebook is at it again with its new Fintech solution, WhatsApp Pay. The company has gotten regulatory approval in India to deploy its digital payment solution through the messaging service, WhatsApp. Like Nigeria, India also requires that data or copy of it should be hosted on local servers.
Tech Firms Should Do More to Align with Regulators- The “Uber” Case
Regulators in Lagos have revealed that Uber, the ride hailing company in spite being in the know refused to succumb to the city’s demand for payment of an operator’s license and hackney permit for their drivers.
Understanding the Policy and Regulatory Landscape in Nigeria Is A Must for Tech Industry
The significance of startups in any economy cannot be overemphasized, the contributions of tech startups in providing business and economic solutions have been evident in many economies around the world.
US “Travel” Ban- Will This Affect the Nigerian Tech Space?
The US government announced that the already controversial travel ban is now extended to Nigeria, Africa’s unofficial tech capital and five other nations including Sudan, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Eritrea and Tanzania.
- Nigeria Attracts More Investments than Other African Countries as Huawei Invests $76M?
- FG’s Self-Certification Directive, an Inexcusable Blunder?
- Is The Nigerian Government Playing Catch Up? FG Expands Collaborations with Investors as Facebook Plans To Open Office in Lagos
- StarTimes Brings Online Shopping To TV- What We Didn’t Know We Needed?
- ICT In Nigeria Has Come A Long Way but Do We Really Need a Special Day to Celebrate? Zinox Founder Asks For Tech Independence